Fresno Church Family,
As we have all seen the last few days, the COVID 19 or Coronavirus has taken the world by storm and has been officially classified as a global pandemic. Many people have found themselves worried or anxious due to the wide spread coverage, but I wanted to take a moment and encourage you with the reality of what God says to be true about us.
The Bible says in 2 Timothy 1:7 “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but one of power, love, and sound judgment.”
Regardless of what we are facing, God’s Spirit provides for us power, love, and sound judgement. The truth is, God is still very much in control. None of this has taken him by surprise. And because God is in control, we do not have to walk in fear. We can actually be agents of God’s love, peace, and rational thinking in a time when we are surrounded by so much of the opposite. We as believers are actually faced with a great opportunity to be light in our world.
We also have a unique opportunity to pray for our city, state, and world. So let’s pray God would use this to draw people to himself. Let’s pray that God would continue to allow us to meet without interruption. Pray that we, as believers, would live out 2 Timothy 1:7 and not walk in fear. Let’s pray for those who are sick, especially our elderly who are at higher risk. And let’s pray that God would halt the spread of this virus around the world.
Now, while we don’t want to walk in fear, we do want to be wise with how we navigate through this issue in the days ahead. So here are a few details that we think will be helpful based on what health professionals are saying and how we as a church are going to be moving forward.
- All of our regular scheduled service times will remain intact. Our regular gathering size typically does not cross the mark of the size of gathering being asked to cancel or postpone. We are monitoring the situation closely from the CDC and Governors office and will adjust accordingly. But for now, all services will remain as scheduled.
- If you feel sick, please stay home. Our services will continue to be live streamed on Facebook, so feel free to take advantage of that. If you are looking for information on what the symptoms of the virus are, you can find those here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- If you are worried that coming to a service is dangerous for you and your family, feel free to stay at home and take advantage of our live stream as well. This applies specifically to the elderly individuals that call our church home.
- This is a good time to take advantage of our online giving platform, if you aren’t already. We will not be passing the offering plates for the time being. Instead we will have ushers at the doors to receive the offering as well as utilizing the boxes in the back of auditorium.
- There will be no official greeting time at our services. We are asking people to smile and wave instead of shaking hands and hugging while at church because that is how the virus spreads. Lot’s of hand washing is recommended constantly by the CDC. We have three hand sanitizers stations in our lobby, so feel free to take advantage of those.
Lastly, let me remind us all once again to be in prayer. Pray for those being affected, the medical community, and for those that have to lead through this season.
If there is anything that we can do for you, or pray with you about, please let us know. We will see you this Sunday!
Pastor Josh & Pastor Nick